Tae Kwon Do
About Tae Kwon Do
• Korean Martial Art
• Korean Karate
• The way of Kicking and punching.
• The path of kicking and punching.
• The most practiced martial art around the world.
• The art of Kicking and Punching.
Tae Kwon Do is a martial art known for its kicking techniques: high kicks, spinning kicks, jumping kicks, fast techniques. It is a martial art with a strong moral center that promotes peace, harmony, and ultimately a better society. Tae Kwon Do is for anyone of any age and in any physical shape.
Tenets of Tae Kwon Do
• Etiquette (Courtesy)
• Modesty (Integrity)
• Self Control
• Indomitable Spirit
Tae Kwon Do Oath
• I shall observe the tenets of Tae Kwon Do.
• I shall respect the instructor and senior.
• I shall never misuse the Tae Kwon Do.
• I shall be champion of freedom and justice.
• I shall build a more peaceful world.
Tae Kwon Do is a great method of self defense for both children and adults.
Benefits for Children
• Improves sensory organization and balance control in children. (Gross motor development and coordination and flexibility)
• Physical Activity – Exercise
• Self-Esteem – Anger control – Builds confidence
• Self-Discipline – Goal Setting – Self-control
• Focus and Leadership – Children that participate in martial arts tend to have better performance in school
• Socialization – Communication Skills
Benefits for Adults
• Exercise – Coordination and Flexibility, builds stamina and strength, weight control, cardiovascular health, bone building, positive body changes
• Improved reflexes
• Self-Discipline – gain confidence
• Goal Setting – Improve focus and stillness
• Heightened Self-Esteem – Feel Happier, fight depression, promotes a good mood and spirit
• Improved Cognitive Function – Mental Clarity
• Relieve stress and anxiety
• Social Activity